Forum Title: Wood framing and new window
I am in the process of replacing a window on a wood frame house down in Florida. Unfortunately I have to rebuild the framing for the opening due to water damage. I went to my local home improvement store to pick out a new window and was told they only carried windows for block frame and would not pass inspection. He was quick to offer a special order. Is there any truth to this? I searched online at Florida building and it basically says the window on a wood frame house should be secured through one of the following: the main frame, a subframe system, jamb clips or flange. Is there any reason why I can't use one of the windows in stock? Just to give an example I was looking at a window similar to the jeld-wen model number JW662002
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: LAWRENCE PETERSON (Lincoln, CA), 01/02/2019

Is just the felt damaged or is the wood rotted also?

- Jim Martin (Tulsa, OK), 02/14/2019

That model number is one at my store. That's the reason I posted it. The only thing different I was looking at was size. Regardless of which window I choose, is there any reason why I can't secure it through the window itself (code reasons) and not need a flange (provided the window company supports it).

- ANDREA REYES (Madison, WI), 02/13/2019

Remodeling Resources & Home Repair Links

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527